A. Notices Regarding Opening Classes
These notices are in accordance with the “Regulations for Offering Summer Session Courses”.
B. Criteria for Registering for Summer Session Courses
1. Students who have classes in the second semester can take summer session courses for making up missed required courses or failed courses, and taking prerequisite courses in accordance with the institutional regulations. However, students who are on leave from study or have been forced to withdraw may NOT register for Summer Session.
2. Students from other colleges or universities wishing to enroll in any class, must apply for Summer Session in accordance with “Ming Chuan University Procedures for Inter-collegiate Course Selection” and have an official request from their institution to MCU approved inadvance of registration.
C. Class Dates
Summer Session I: June 27 to July 30, 2016 (5 Weeks)
Summer Session II: August 1 to September 3, 2016 (5Weeks)
D. Essential Information for Course Selection
1. For each credit hour, there will be 18 contact hours, 4 per week for the first 4 weeks and 2 in the last week of each Summer Session.
2. Summer Session courses have a minimum enrollment of 20 (10 for graduate classes). If there is insufficient enrollment, classes may only be opened with special permission. Special permission will only be granted in response to a written application followed by completed the registration steps before the prescribed date. The individual(s) in this situation assume full responsibility for the cost of the course. Classes receiving such special permission may NOT be canceled.
3. Students may NOT enroll for more than 9 credits during either Summer Session (Three-year Work Experience Degree Completion Program students limited to 6 credits).
4. NO course add/drop is possible during Summer Sessions, and students may not enroll in courses with conflicting class times.
Summer Session courses may NOT be used to complete higher level required courses in advance.
5. Students in Summer Sessions must pay tuition and fees by the deadlines. Unless a class cannot be opened, NO course add/drop or tuition refunds are possible during Summer Sessions. In the case of a class not being opened, any adjustments to select another course(s) must be processed before the deadline.
6. Summer Sessions are subject to the same regulations that apply during regular semester. Anyone found not following regulations will be forcibly dropped from the affected course(s). No adding of other courses or application for refund will be accepted.
7. Students from other colleges/universities wishing to enroll in any class must apply for Summer Session in accordance with “Ming Chuan University Procedures for Inter-collegiate Course Selection”.
8. Student attendance during Summer Sessions is handled accordingto regular school regulations. Summer Session students who are absent from more than 1/3 the total class hours will NOT have a final exam grade recorded for that course, rather “0” will be assigned as the overall course grade. Summer Session Students who need to apply for leave must submit a request to the Student Counseling Section in the Student Affairs Division.
9. Situations which are not covered above follow General Provisions for Study and other related school regulations.
E. Tuition and Fee Notices
1. Summer Session Required Tuition and Fees
(1) Summer Session Required Tuition and Fees are handled in accordance with “Procedures for Payment and Refund of Tuition Fees”.
(2) Summer session tuition and fees are charged on a per-credit-hour basis. To calculate the total tuition and fees, a student should multiply the total number of credit hours for each course by the appropriate “credit hour tuition.”.
(3) Students admitted prior to the 2009-10 academic year, who take computer courses, will pay a computer lab fee of NT$1200.
(4) Those taking Summer Session courses in the Teacher Ed Program will pay the Teacher Ed Program fee of NT$1,368 per hour.
(5) Those taking Summer Session courses in Conversational English, Japanese, and Practical English will pay language lab fee of NT$750.
(6) Those taking General Education electives or work-experience class
electives will pay tuition and fees according to the 2016-17 standards.
(7) If payment is not made by the deadline, the right toenroll in Summer Session courses is forfeited