Ming Chuan University 2nd Semester, 2016-17 Academic Year Notice for Graduating Bachelor' s Students
1. Graduating students who fulfilled the graduation requirements need to finish the university-leaving procedures in accordance with regulations before they may collect their diplomas.
(1) The university-leaving procedures are available for inquiry.
Please login to the Students Information System, select Registration/ Graduation/ University-leaving Procedures Query to inquire the complete status of the university-leaving procedures.
(2) Students who completed the university-leaving procedures may pick up their diplomas accordingly to which their department is located starting from 8:30 am on June 12th, 2017 (and for those who took non-graduating courses will be on July 12th, 2017) at the Registrar Section on Taipei campus or Taoyuan Academic Affairs section on Taoyuan campus with their students ID cards. Those who cannot come in person to pick up the diploma, please download and complete the Power of Attorney Form from Ming Chuan University homepage/ Academic Affairs Division English homepage/ Downloadable Forms. Please give the signed Power of Attorney Form to those who represent you, and have them bring their own ID card or student ID cards, as well as your student ID card for verification.
(3) The office hours for the summer sessions, July and August, are Monday to Thursday. The time period to pick up the diploma is from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. The summer administration recess is from July 20st to July 30st, 2017, during which all university offices are closed.
2. Graduating students and those in the extended study period who have not completed all the required credits for graduation, should complete the registration procedures for the extended study period for the 1st semester of 2017-18 Academic Year within two weeks of the beginning of the semester. (The registration date for the extended study period is on September 5 to 6th, 2017.)
3. Graduating students and those in the extended study period who have completed all the required credits for graduation but did not complete the proficiency-based graduation requirements, complete the proficiency-based graduation requirements prior to the beginning of the next academic year, may pick up their diplomas. For those who do not complete the proficiency-based graduation requirements accordingly, they should complete the registration procedures for the extended study period for the 1st semester of 2017-18 Academic Year within two weeks of the beginning of the semester.
4. According to Article 18 of the General Provisions for Study, students who extend their schooling (extended graduation) beyond the normal study period are required to complete registration procedures (including paying fees) on the assigned date listed on the Registration Notice for that current semester and take at least one course; otherwise, they will be forced to withdraw in accordance with relevant procedures. (Extended graduation students who have no courses, or any make-up credits, for the current semester need to apply to take study leave.)
- Students who do not complete the registration procedures within two weeks of the beginning of the semester (including paying fees) or the study leave procedures due to any situation will be compelled to withdraw from Ming Chuan University in
accordance with Article 13 of the General Provisions for Study.
- Students in the extended study period who completed the study leave procedures prior to the beginning for the semester, do not need to pay fees. Those who apply for study leave after the semester started, needs to complete the registration procedures (including paying fees) prior applying for the study leave. The standards for refund are in accordance with the relevant regulations.