MCU 2016-17 Academic Year 2nd Semester Post-midterm Course-reduction Application Notice
1. Students meeting one of the following conditions for failed credits on midterm exams:
- Those who fail less than one-third of their credits on midterm exams may apply to drop one course.
- Those who fail more than one-third but less than half of their credits on midterm exams may apply to drop no more than two courses.
- Those who fail half of their credits on midterm exams may apply to drop no more than three courses.
2. Application Period： 9:00 am on May 8th to 4:00 pm on May 12th, 2017.
3. Application Procedure：
- All students meeting one of the conditions above should apply for course drop online after being counseled by their class advisor. Within the Student Information System, under Course Information, select Post-midterm Course Withdrawal. Then check the course(s) to be dropped, and click on ‘confirm’ to submit the application.
- The dropped courses will be marked in blue. If there is any mistake, you can recheck the course(s) and
resubmit the application for correction within the application period.
- Article 6 of the Procedures for Post-midterm Course-reduction Application: Students who do not complete the credit hour tuition payment for certain courses before the deadline, those courses will be treated as course-reduction courses by the Academic Affairs Division and will be calculated into the total number of course-reduction courses.
- Article 7 of the Procedures for Post-midterm Course-reduction Application: The semester’s total credits must not fall below the minimum credits required for full-time enrollment after the course reduction, in accordance with the General Provisions for Study. Undergraduates: 12 credits for 1st to 3rd-year students; 9 credits for 4th-year students and 5th-year students of Architecture Department students. Master’s students of 1st to 2nd-year cannot be lower than 1 course. Exchange students: Please contact the International Education and Exchange Division or the Mainland China Education and Exchange Division.
- After the course-reduction application is approved, cancellation or request of any revisions to the application are not accepted under any conditions. No refunds are made for the courses being dropped.
- The result of course drop will be posted on your course schedule in the Student Information System on May 15th, 2017. Please double check online (within Student Information System, under Course Schedule, select Second Semester). For further questions, please contact the Registrar’s Section at (02) 2882-4564 extension 2584 and Taoyuan Academic Affairs Section at (03) 350-7001 extension 3185.