Ming Chuan University Guidelines for Establishing Disadvantaged Students
- Article 1 Ming Chuan University Guidelines for Establishing Disadvantaged Students Internship Assistantship (hereafter refer to as the Guidelines) were established to encourage disadvantaged students to participate in off-campus internships to enhance their working ability and professional skills.
- Article 2 The internship assistantship mentioned in the Guidelines is reimbursed from disadvantaged students learning consultation subsidies. The assistantship for each recipient is 500 NTD per academic year. The quota of assistantships will be centrally allocated to all departments and graduate programs. The actual amount and number of recipients will be adjusted based on received subsidies and actual situations of the academic year.
- Article 3 Students applying for the Internship Assistantship should meet all of the following criteria to apply for the assistantship.
(1) Students who are matriculating toward a degree at MCU.
(2) Not work-experience students.
(3)With disadvantaged student identity as regulated by Ministry of Education, including low-household income, mid- and low-household income, from family in hardship, physically or mentally disabled, child of physically or mentally disabled parent, and aboriginal students, etc.
(4) Have outstanding achievement in internship and recommended by his/her department or graduate program.
- Article 4 Applicants should prepare “Internship Assistantship Application Form,” “Written Internship Report,” and completed “Internship Satisfaction Questionnaire” to file the application with Career Planning and Counseling Division. The written internship report should include internship process: personal growth examples including professional knowledge, practical skills, interpersonal relationships, and future employment preparation, etc.; and internship information including location, unit, organization, position and time period.
- Article 5 Upon being passed at the Administrative Council Meeting and approved by the president, these procedures were implemented. Any revision must follow the same procedure.
**In the event of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the Chinese and other language versions of this document, the Chinese version shall prevail.*